OVC MER Outcome Monitoring in Lesotho
Palladium is seeking the services of a Lesotho-based research organization to support its implementation of a household survey of participants in a PEPFAR-supported project that aims to improve the well-being of orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) in Lesotho. The survey will measure project outcomes using a standardized methodology that has been developed for application across multiple countries. Information on this methodology can be found in the PEPFAR Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) Supplement.
The selected research organization will work in coordination with the Palladium team based in the United States. Qualified candidate organizations will have:
- Experience in conducting large household surveys in Lesotho preferably on topics related to OVC and with the methodologies outlined in the PEPFAR MER Supplement;
- Skills and experience in research ethics and best practice in child protection;
- Ability to recruit and train qualified data collectors;
- Proven capacity to plan and manage survey operations and logistics;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of data quality assurance practices;
- Data management skills and experience including electronic data file preparation for analysis;
- Survey data analysis expertise;
- Sound human resource and financial management systems for timekeeping, invoicing, financial forecasting, management and payment of staff for field data collection;
- Ability to work as part of a larger multidisciplinary team and with multiple stakeholders; and
- Capacity to work under a tight schedule and to meet deadlines.