Qualitative and Quantitative Data Collection and Analysis
Palladium is seeking the services of a Mozambique-based research organization to support its implementation of a male partner characterization study of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW). The period of performance is August, 2016 – February, 2017.The objective of this study is to fill information gaps regarding male sexual partners of adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 15-24 years in order to increase these partners’ access to HIV testing services, anti-retroviral therapy (ART), and voluntary medical male circumcision (VMMC) and, thereby, also reduce HIV incidence among AGYW in Mozambique. The survey will involve focus group discussions with AGYW and a quantitative venue-based intercept study with male sexual partners of AGYW in three districts of Mozambique (Cidade de Quelimane, Cidade de Beira, and Xai Xai).
Palladium is seeking a sub-contractor research organization to assist with data collection, data management, and data analysis for this survey. The selected research organization will work in coordination with the Palladium team based in the United States and Mozambique.
Qualified candidate organizations will have:
- Experience in conducting venue-based surveys in Mozambique preferably on topics related to HIV/AIDS, youth, gender;
- Proven ability to implement qualitative methodology, including focus group discussions;
- Skills and proven experience implementing principles of research ethics;
- Ability to recruit and train qualified data collectors that speak local languages and are knowledgeable of the local context;
- Ability to contract local language translators (Changana, Sena, Chuabo);
- Proven capacity to plan and manage survey operations and logistics;
- Experience using tablets or other electronic tools for data collection preferred;
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of data quality assurance practices;
- Data management skills and experience including electronic data file preparation for analysis;
- Survey data analysis expertise;
- Sound human resource and financial management systems for timekeeping, invoicing, financial forecasting, management and payment of staff for field data collection;
- Ability to work as part of a larger multidisciplinary team and with multiple stakeholders located outside of Maputo and Mozambique in both English and Portuguese; and
- Capacity to work under a tight schedule and to meet deadlines.