Data Demand and Use Advisor: Kenya
In Kenya, MEASURE Evaluation is working to build national capacity to improve the availability and increase the use of reproductive health information for evidence-based program planning.
The Data Demand and Use Specialist will focus on building national, regional and district level demand for and ability to use reproductive health data and information for evidence-based programming in collaboration with a wide array of stakeholders.
- Working with other project staff, develop appropriate strategies and tools for strengthening the use of reproductive health data with direction from key stakeholders and Division of Reproductive Health (DRH) data dashboards
- Facilitate the use of DRH data through the application of tools and approaches at the national, regional, district levels
- Identify data needs at all levels for DRH data
- Provide guidance to Ministry of Health/Division of Health Information Systems on DRH routine data requirements for entry into DHIS
- Build regional capacity to implement tools and approaches through training and workshops
- Provide technical assistance to regions to apply data use tools and approaches, trouble shoot and tailor implementation as needed working with region-specific M&E advisors
- Identify and mentor national champions and further develop their capacity as leaders for improving M&E systems and data-informed decision making
- Follow up on activities to determine effectiveness, make mid-course corrections, document project results and best practices
- Build capacity of national DRH M&E and program staff to address M&E challenges and lead in implementing solutions
- 10+ years’ experience in M&E systems, especially in reproductive health
- MA or above in public health, economics, sociology or a related field
- Knowledge and experience in family planning and other reproductive health programs
- Proficiency in developing data communications tools and approaches
- Knowledge and experience of the health policy and programming process
- Knowledge and experience of data-informed decision making and advocacy
- Ability to communicate technical data to non-technical audiences
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work as a team member
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with the use of databases
- Able to work well under moderate pressure and skilled in trouble shooting, crisis management, and problem solving
- Must be available for domestic travel
- Local candidates strongly preferred
To respond to this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line of your email.
For more information about Futures Group, please visit www.futuresgroup.com
Futures Group provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.