Research Associate - Senior Technical Specialist, HIV/AIDS
MEASURE Evaluation's senior technical specialist for HIV AIDS will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and providing technical advice on many of the HIV AIDS related activities of the project.
Department: Carolina Population Center-4910
Working Title: Research Associate - Senior Technical Specialist, HIV/AIDS
Appointment Type: EPA Non-Faculty Research
Position Category: Research Professionals
Salary Range: $80,000 - $105,000
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
Vacancy ID: NF0000336
Position ID: 1004293
Posting Open Date: 10/17/2012
Application Deadline: 11/16/2012
Open Until Filled: No
Proposed Start Date: 12/01/2012
MEASURE Evaluation at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a large international project funded by the US Agency for International Development (USAID) that focuses on strengthening health information across a range of health areas to inform health sector decision making. Activities include development of tools and methods to improve data collection and use; capacity building in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) and health information systems (HIS) through formal training and field technical assistance, and evaluation research. Particular emphasis is placed on generating demand for information and facilitating its use. The senior technical specialist for HIV/AIDS will be responsible for leading, overseeing, and providing technical advice on many of the HIV/AIDS-related activities of the project. Other responsibilities include liaising with international agencies, bilateral donors, and other partners on efforts to further standardize and harmonize HIV/AIDS M&E tools and methods and overall coordination of activities of the project with those of other organizations. The position will be based at the project headquarters at the Carolina Population Center in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
An advanced degree in public health or related fields with specialization in HIV/AIDS.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 7 years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS programs in developing countries with significant responsibility for data collection and analysis and M&E, with a total of at least 15 years of professional experience
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of PEPFAR strategies, implementation, and M&E requirements
- Strong understanding of and experience in data issues including issues of privacy and ethics in data collection and use for programs related to HIV/AIDS care, treatment, and prevention services
- Excellent English language oral and written skills
- Ability to work with diverse international teams
- Fluency in one other language preferred (French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, or Arabic) Ability to travel internationally at least 25%.
Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Department Contact Information: Annette Cytryn-Smith, HR Coordinator, email at Annette_Cytryn-Smith@unc.edu
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the University’s Equal Employment Opportunity office at (919) 966-3576 or send an email to email@example.com
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- Cover Letter