Senior M&E Advisor: OVC/Community-based Programs
Futures Group is seeking a Nairobi-based senior technical advisor to support monitoring and evaluation of community-based programs on the USAID-funded MEASURE Evaluation PIMA Associate Award. The Senior M&E Advisor will be responsible for managing multiple project staff, as well as leading high-level monitoring and evaluation activities, and collaborating with national stakeholders such as the Department of Children’s Services, UNICEF, USAID and others. Activities will include: supporting the Department of Children’s Services, UNICEF, USAID and others to strengthen the national Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS); providing technical assistance for developing the Orphans and Vulnerable Children Longitudinal Management Information System (OLMIS); and building capacity of national and subnational stakeholders in M&E, data quality/security and data use, among other activities. The technical area of expertise is advanced M&E of child protection, community-based HIV/AIDS programs, programs that support orphans and vulnerable children, and/or other social service programs.
- Provide technical leadership to MEASURE PIMA staff on areas related to Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and child protection programs.
- Supervise 1-3 MEASURE PIMA staff; including leading staff in the overall design and implementation of technical activities.
- Liaise with and provide technical leadership directly to high-level national stakeholders, including the Department of Children’s Services, UNICEF, USAID, and others in areas related to M&E of OVC / child protection, including advancing the national Child Protection Information Management System (CPIMS) and the USAID-supported OVC Longitudinal Management Information System (OLMIS).
- Lead the overall design and implementation of the PIMA OVC technical portfolio, including: developing technical approaches; advising PIMA staff on technical direction; providing technical leadership in national forums (e.g. technical working groups), etc. in the following technical areas: data use, M&E systems strengthening, capacity building in M&E; evaluation and assessments of community-based programs, and other related areas.
- Work with the Department of Children’s Services and other national stakeholders on the development and implementation of M&E Systems including supporting M&E systems assessments, development and implementation of data collection tools, development/harmonization of indicators, M&E capacity building activities and stakeholder coordination for M&E.
- Write technical reports and present technical activities both internally to PIMA and externally to high-level stakeholders.
- Manage partner relationships, acting as the main liaison between Futures Group and other projects and national stakeholders.
- Represent the program in technical, policy and planning forums with USAID, the Government of Kenya and other key stakeholders.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Public Health, Public Policy/Administration or related field.
- At least 8-10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in health, HIV/AIDS, child protection, social services, orphans and vulnerable children programs or a related field.
- Demonstrated success leading a monitoring and evaluation portfolio, including managing technical activities of multiple staff.
- Demonstrated success providing technical leadership to national (government and/or non-government) stakeholders.
- Possess an advanced understanding of national M&E systems, including the components of an M&E system and how capacity can be built to sustain M&E systems.
- Strong writing and organizational skills, especially for monitoring and reporting on activity and study results.
- Attention to detail and ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities often within a limited timeframe.
- Experience with USAID and/or PEPFAR funded programs a plus, but not required.
- Cross cultural awareness and ability to work amongst a diverse group of staff, partners and donors.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Based in Nairobi.