Senior Malaria Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor: Mali
ICF International (ICF) is a partner on the USAID MEASURE Evaluation Phase IV project, a five-year cooperative agreement led by the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill (UNC-CH). ICF’s role includes providing technical assistance to USAID and national governments to build capacity in monitoring and evaluation primarily for malaria programming in Mali.
The Senior Malaria Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will be responsible for leading the MEASURE Evaluation malaria portfolio, providing direct technical assistance to the government of Mali to build M&E capacity for malaria reporting, and serving as ICF’s country team leader in Mali. Current activities will include strengthening M&E capacity for Mali’s National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and supporting the NMCP to strengthen information system for malaria. Though most of the work will be done with the NMCP and other government entities, there will be opportunity to work with US government agencies and implementing partners tasked with malaria programming.
- Coordinate with the Country Portfolio Manager, Mali Chief-of-Party, in-country team, USAID mission, local stakeholders and USAID/DC as needed.
- Developing the scope of work with the Mali Chief-of-Party, the Mission, and UNC.
- Provide regular status updates on progress and issues to ICF and UNC teams.
- Provide technical support to identify technical assistance needs (subcontractors, consultants, publications) in consultation with the mission and USAID/DC.
- Provide technical review of key documents/deliverables and provide feedback.
- Identify opportunities for technical work to be shared across the project, within ICF, and externally through the writing of a communication strategy for the country.
- Review project M&E plan and leads identify appropriate indicators for malaria activities.
- Review and react to progress and financial reports, ensuring that reports are submitted on time.
- Review work plans and progress with activity leads to provide feedback.
- Review financial spending and forecasting on a regular basis.
- Recruit, support the orientation of, and supervise staff.
- Write technical documents (protocols, report, peer-reviewed manuscript...)
The position will report to both the MEASURE Evaluation Chief of Party in Mali and the ICF MEASURE Evaluation backstop and be located in Bamako, Mali.
Post-graduate degree (masters or higher) in public health, epidemiology, demography, statistics, health information systems, or infectious disease control.
12 years or more experience in M&E of health programs including the strengthening of health information systems and training, capacity building, supportive supervision, and data quality assessments.
12 years or more of project management experience specific to developing work plans, supervising staff, and communicating project outcomes.
Prior experience working directly with governments to strengthen their M&E systems, USAID, PEPFAR and PMI.
Technical experience in M&E of national malaria control programs.
Prior experience working with health management and information system data.
Good understanding of data management and data quality issues.
Excellent writing skill in French and English.
Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills in French and English required.
Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Prior experience in Mali or West Africa preferred.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EEO/AA – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities)