Senior Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The International Health and Development Division of ICF International seeks a Senior M&E sSecialist to support ICF’s portfolio of infectious disease-related Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) activities under MEASURE Evaluation, USAID’s technical assistance project for global health programs (http://www.cpc.unc.edu/measure). The portfolio focuses primarily on the monitoring and evaluation of malaria programs, but includes work in HIV/AIDS, avian influenza, and other infectious diseases. The position is based in Rockville, Maryland with 20% international travel.
The Senior M&E Specialist will provide technical leadership in infectious disease monitoring and evaluation to the project. Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing technical leadership through participation in global forums, research, and technical assistance to national governments and implementing projects
- Collaboration with partners such as Roll Back Malaria and the President’s Malaria Initiative
- Managing project activities including coordinating activities, supervising staff, providing technical expertise
- Contributing to generating scientific evidence to inform malaria M&E at the global and country level
- Contributing technical expertise to other projects as needed
- Providing technical support in malaria M&E to the President's Malaria Initiative priority countries
- Managing client (including USAID) relationships
- Mentoring junior staff
- PhD or MD, MPH or MPH with significant experience in a relevant public health or social science field (epidemiology, demography, biostatistics, and international health).
- 10 years post-PhD experience conducting evaluations or social research or providing M&E technical assistance for infectious disease programs, preferably malaria, in endemic countries.
- 5 years of international experience, preferably with USAID-related projects (including 2+ years working overseas in a developing country setting).
- Ability to travel internationally up to 20% of time.
- Proficiency in malaria epidemiology
- Understand malaria M&E and the global strategy including the elimination agenda
- Proficiency in program monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in project managementxcellent
- English and French oral and written communication skills
- Other foreign language skills are highly desirable (Spanish/Portuguese)
- Ability to work in a team environment with people of diverse backgrounds
- Track record in peer-reviewed publication