M&E of Public Health Programs - Nigeria
Monitoring and evaluation (M&E) skills are fundamental in designing and implementing programs, analyzing and using data, and conducting advocacy for population and health programs. In order to build the capacity of M&E professionals in Nigeria who are actively engaged in the health sector, a two-week non-degree course will provide training in M&E systems and the application of M&E data to decision-making in population and health programming. A plan for effectively communicating the information will be integral to discussions.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- Identify decisions related to population and health programs that can be shaped by M&E results
- Formulate questions that need to be answered in order to make informed decisions
- Develop realistic, useful and targeted goals and objectives
- Understand and be able to select indicators appropriate for a given program
- Understand information systems and the flow of data
- Understand data quality and its role in M&E
- Disseminate and use M&E information strategically
M&E Plan design
The workshop will be held November 17-28, 2008 in Jos, Nigeria. For more information and to register for this workshop click here. This workshop is open to residents of Nigeria only.