Monitoring and Evaluation of Malaria Programs - Online Course
ms-16-110-en.pdf — PDF document, 4363 kB (4468341 bytes)
Author(s): Herrera S, Ivanovich E, Yé Y, Garley A
The main purpose of the course is to describe the fundamental concepts of monitoring and evaluation as they specifically relate to malaria prevention and control programs and to identify the essential components of monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans for malaria programs. The course will provide a general overview of malaria basics, the scope and important functions of M&E, and an introduction to monitoring and evaluation specifically for malaria programs. The course will walk learners through the essential elements of an M&E plan, including the different M&E frameworks and indicators for malaria programs. Common M&E data sources for malaria programs will be introduced, in addition to the main strengths and weaknesses of these sources. The course will provide an overview of data analysis, interpretation and presentation of malaria-related data.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamental concepts and practical approaches to monitoring and evaluation of malaria programs.
- Differentiate between monitoring and evaluation and describe the role that evaluation serves.
- Identify the components of M&E plans for malaria programs and how to prepare one.
- Describe the different frameworks used in M&E for malaria programs.
- Identify what a good indicator is and how to develop appropriate indicators for malaria control and pre-elimination.
- Identify common data sources and systems for malaria programs.
- Identify appropriate graphs for presenting data.
Approximately 4-6 hours
Upon successful completion of the course and exam, the student will receive a certificate. The student must receive a passing grade of 80 percent on the final course exam to print the certificate. Each student will have an unlimited number of attempts to achieve the passing grade for the final course exam.
This publication is also available in the following language:
This document is not available in print from MEASURE Evaluation.