M&E Fundamentals: A Self-Guided Minicourse [EPUB edition]
ms-07-20.epub — electronic book document, 1,956 kB (2,003,790 bytes)
Author(s): Frankel N, Gage A
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is an essential component of any intervention, project, or program. This mini-course covers the basics of program monitoring and evaluation in the context of population, health and nutrition programs. It also defines common terms and discusses why M&E is essential for program management.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the basic purposes and scope of M&E
- Differentiate between monitoring functions and evaluation functions
- Describe the functions of an M&E plan
- Identify the main components of an M&E plan
- Identify and differentiate between conceptual frameworks, results frameworks, and logic models
- Describe how frameworks are used for M&E planning
- Identify criteria for the selection of indicators
- Describe how indicators are linked to frameworks
- Identify types of data sources
- Describe how information can be used for decision-making
Note: This is an EPUB e-book and is intended for reading on non-Kindle devices. To read it on your iPad, iPhone, or Mac OS device, please open it in iBooks. To read it on your Android device, you may upload the ebook to Google Play Books by following the instructions at https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/3097151. To read it on a Windows PC, try the Calibre software from http://calibre-ebook.com or consider the Simple EPUB Reader extension for the Google Chrome web browser or the EPUBReader add-on for the FireFox web browser. This publication is also available in PDF and Kindle formats.
This document is not available in print from MEASURE Evaluation.